See below for CFE resources to guide the reduction and elimination of toxic chemicals from the places we live, work and play and the products we use. You can find a variety of resources (apps, factsheets, toolkits, reports and more) developed by members of our network here.
Scroll to the bottom of this page for an entire section of resources devoted to the toxic chemical class PFAS.
Our work is grounded in and guided by these Equity Principles. From time to time the Network has felt the need to take a stand on issues important to our members. View the statements below:
- East Palestine, Ohio Toxic Train Disaster (April 2022)
- Pres. Biden Reignited the Moonshot – Cancer Prevention will Deliver the Mission (Feb, 2022),
- Joint Statement on Cancer Prevention (Sep, 2020) signed by leading health and science organizations,
- Black Lives Matter statement of solidarity (June, 2020), and
- Statement in Solidarity with Frontline Communities (March, 2021)
See recent media coverage featuring Cancer Free Economy, Network leaders and staff.
- CancerTalks – Building a Cancer-Free Economy with Researcher and Public Health Advocate Polly Hoppin (May 9, 2023)
- Planet Philadelphia – Getting Rid Of Cancer Causing Chemicals; Kristina Marusic, Debra Erenberg, Peter Winslow (May 6, 2023)
Reducing Chemical Exposures
CFE has created resources to reduce your exposures to cancer-causing chemicals. For extensive PFAS resources scroll down.
- CFE & Environmental Health Project – Chemical Exposures Following the East Palestine Train Derailment: Potential Health Effects & Ways to Protect Your Health (May 2023)
- Household Cleaners Health & Safety Lab – Resources and videos for safer cleaning (Feb 2023)
Childhood Cancer Prevention
See the report and more resources from the CFE supported Childhood Cancer Prevention Initiative below.
- Childhood Cancer: Cross-Sector Strategies for Prevention report (Sept, 2020).
- Report addendum (Sept, 2021).
- Childhood Cancer Awareness Month panel session recordings (2021)
- Childhood Cancer Prevention Video (2020).
- One Pager in English and Español. (2020)
- NEW Pesticide Exposure & Childhood Cancer Fact Sheet (2022)
View the videos below and others on our Youtube channel. See our content playlist en Español.
- Unacceptable Risk: Dr. Margaret Kripke on Cancer and the Environment (Feb, 2021)
- Take Action For A Healthy Future (Oct, 2020)
- Are Childhood Cancers Preventable? Scientists, Health + Business Leaders Urge Toxics Reduction (Sep, 2020)
- Is a Cancer-Free Future Possible? Cancer + Public Health Leaders Call for Toxics Reduction (Sep, 2020)
CFE’s Policy & Legal working group have put together two public resources:
If you are looking for experts in different subjects including childhood cancer prevention, research, systems change, health, science, policy, legal, business leaders at the forefront of shifting markets, CFE leaders and experts are available for interviews and to help craft relevant messages with different constituencies. Contact us.
Click the links below to see PFAS resources from CFE, our members and allies
CFE's PFAS Fact Sheets
- A Guide for Brands (Aug, 2020)
- PFAS Common Testing Methods (Aug, 2020)
- How Can I Reduce My Exposure to PFAS? (Nov, 2019)
- PFAS in Drinking Water – What You Need to Know (Dec, 2019)
- PFAS Action for Health Professionals (Dec, 2019)
PFAS in Food Packaging
- Children’s Environmental Health Network, North Carolina Children’s Environmental Health
- Children’s Environmental Health Network, Minnesota Children’s Environmental Health
- Children’s Environmental Health Network, Michigan Children’s Environmental Health
- Silent Spring, Massachusetts PFAS and Your Health Study
- Silent Spring, Food Packaging Resources
- Clean Production Action, Hazards of PFAS Fact Sheet
- Silent Spring, Children’s Health and Drinking Water Contamination
- Everyday Exposures Silent Spring, Everyday Exposures to PFAS
- Children’s Environmental Health Network, Diet as a Source of Exposure to Environmental Contaminants for Pregnant Women and Children from Six European Countries
- Children’s Environmental Health Network, Early prenatal exposure to suspected endocrine disruptor mixtures is associated with lower IQ at age seven
- Toxic-Free Future, The Hidden Costs of Forever Chemicals in Stain- and Water-Resistant Products
- Toxic-Free Future, PFAS in Breast Milk Research